When it comes to beauty, sometimes the secret is to not over do it! Less IS better! So here are a few common beauty mistakes that are good to know:
- Washing your face is refreshing and great for your skin. However, if you do it too often, it can do the opposite effect and dry out your skin. Washing once in the day and once at night with a quarter-sized dollop of facial cleanser and lukewarm water should be enough.
- Exfoliating your face helps unclog pores, remove dead skin cells, and leaves your skin glowing and healthy, but make sure you don’t over-exfoliate. Not only can it be really painful, but it may also lead to uneven texture and breakouts. Experts recommend exfoliating twice to three times a week for oily skin, twice a week for normal skin and once a week for sensitive.
- As you may already know, it’s best not to wash your hair everyday. The constant washing, rinsing and repeating can dry out your hair and your scalp. The natural oils in your hair will keep your hair healthy, shiny and supple. As for how often to wash, try every other or couple of days to see what you are comfortable with. Next time you get your hair cut, ask your stylist what they recommend, as they may know your hair pretty well. And if you don’t have a stylist, I highly recommend mine, Victor Paul
- Applying conditioner the same way you would shampoo is a common mistake. Shampoo should be massaged into your hair starting at the top of your head and work down through the hair. Conditioning your roots can weigh your hair down and make it look greasy. Since the hair closest to the roots is healthy and new, focus on your ends.
If you like to whiten your teeth at home, remember to not do it too frequently. Not only can it wear down your enamel and leave your teeth feeling sensitive, it can also turn your teeth blue! Blue Teeth is what professionals call teeth that have become so translucent they look blue. So instead of having nice white teeth you got blue ones! Experts recommend whitening can be used 5 – 10 days in a row twice a year.
From Water Tower Place Facebook Page:
From August 26 through September 8, #InFashion guests are invited to Water Tower Place’s In Fashion Lounge on Level 3 to enjoy savory snacks, delectable drinks, complimentary Wi-Fi, mind-blowing events, redeem raffle receipts and celebrity encounters like:
August 26th (6pm - 8pm)
Dress for Success In Fashion at Water Tower
Place Kick Off Celebration and Suit Drive
August 31st (6pm - 8pm)
LuAnn de Lesseps "Class with the Countess"
Book Signing with Bravo TV’s The Real Housewives of New York City’s LuAnn de Lesseps "The Countess"
September 1st (6pm - 8pm)
Celebrity Styling Event with Bravo TV’s The Real Housewives of Orange County’s Gretchen Rossi
September 8th (6pm - 8pm)
Fabulicious!: Teresa's Italian Family Cookbook Exclusive Sneak Peak and Book Signing with Bravo TV’s The Real Housewives of New Jersery’s Teresa Giudice Exclusive retailer experiences and events
For access to the In Fashion Lounge shoppers must*:
- Spend $100 or more at Water Tower Place in one day between August 26 and September 8;
- Donate new or gently used women’s suits, shoes and purses (large enough to carry a portfolio); or
to one of our exclusive In Fashion Lounge events
For more information and complete schedule of events, visit http://tinyurl.com/WTPInFashion
Hope to see you there!
From the Real Housewives Daily Dose
What is an important lesson you have learned from a past relationship?
Life is way too short! Enjoy every moment right now, surround yourself with positive people and get the negative ones out!
Do you know any other languages?
Yes, it's called "Gretchenizum's" haha! Slade always says I have created my own language :)
What's your biggest petpeeve?
Two-faced and hypocritical people. Just tell me how it is to my face, not behind my back because I will respect you a lot more.
Have you ever had a celebrity crush?
Sure, who hasn't? I have always had a thing for Johnny Depp. However, as of lately, it has been Slade Smiley :) hehe
What is your life motto?
Live with Integrity, Everything in Moderation, and Have Faith in the Good Lord Above!
Have you ever had a speeding ticket?
Yes!!!! Yes and yes! I kind of think I should have been a race car driver sometimes because I have a led foot! I was in a rally called the Gumball 3,000 and I was racing the Prince of Dubai on Highway 15 on the way to Vegas and we got pulled over for 147 MPH. The Prince had Diplomatic Immunity (which needless to say I was not happy about) and I got the ticket for 116! The cop thankfully did not impound my car and did not site me for reckless driving because he knew we were part of the rally and in all honesty when he tagged us we were not around any other vehicles so we were not endangering anyone else. It was one of the most exhilarating, yet nerve-racking experiences ever!!
What's something about yourself that your fans would be shocked to discover?
I am seriously a tomboy! I love to play dressup and love hair and makeup, but at the end of the day I am an athlete who loves a challenge, especially with men. I will play any sport and I am sometimes better than the guys at it. I grew up riding dirtbikes and love to get dirty and play in the mud! People always see me in dresses and all dolled up, but I love to go camping with no makeup and explore nature! Who knows, maybe one season you will see me camping or dirt bike riding!
Read more at the Real Housewives Daily Dose here
, or read part 1 here
xoxoxo Gretchen Christine
From The Real Housewives Daily Dose
As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
OMG! That is a loaded answer! It changed every week... I wanted to be a Vet, to a Doctor, to a Psychologist, to a Singer/Dancer on Broadway, an Actress, a Chef, a Designer, an Entrepreneur, etc etc. Good news is that some of those things I have accomplished today!
What is your favorite vacation you've ever been on?
When I went to Tahiti! I went once with my family when I was about 13 and then again for my Honeymoon! I would say if there is ever a place on earth that you would want to go it is here! It truly feels like you are in paradise!
What's your all-time favorite movie?
OMG, this is so clique but I would have to say "Pretty Woman." It is like every girls fantasy! (well except the prostitute part :) hehe) I mean the romantic part of a man saving you from the depths of financial and emotional ruin.
Which Housewife from another series would you like to change lives with for a day?
One of the Beverly Hills Housewives! I think living in Lisa or Camille's house for a day would be amazing (although I would probably get lost!) and sipping drinks by the pool!
Do you have a lucky number?
My lucky number is 7! When I found out it is God's number it became my lucky number since I was like five years old.
We know you were a cheerleader, did you play any other sports?
YES! I was a major athlete! I played soccer, softball, powder puff football, water skied, snowboarded, and rode motorcycles in the desert almost every weekend.. just to name a few! There wasn't any sport I couldn't play and didn't love, to tell you the truth! I am still very much a tomboy and love it!
Wow! Sounds like you were quite the athlete! Have you ever played an instrument?
Yes! The piano and the guitar! I would love to get back into lessons again.
What's your favorite candy?
Any kind of chocolate, especially Twix lately.. feel free to send me boxes of it anyone reading this :)
Which Housewife from another city do you think you're most like?
I would probably say no one! I am a creature all of my very own! Unique and different in so many ways.
Who is the one person you can tell anything to?
Well it's two people... Slade and my Parents! They are all my very best friends
Do you believe in love at first sight?
Absolutely! But acting on it is a different thing. Don't be so quick to marry just because you fall for them right then.
Do you hold grudges?
Yes and no. My parents always used to say it was so funny with me because I would scream and yell and go slam my door and say "I hate you guys and never want to speak to you again" and then about five minutes later I would come out of my room and say "So what's for dinner mom?" all nice and sweet! My parents would wonder what happened to the girl that went screaming in my room five minutes earlier.
I seem to get really upset right then and there and once I release my frustration I am over it. However, when someone has burned me sever times over and over again, I no longer can just get over it. I tend to hold grudges because otherwise I would get walked all over.
What was the last item you bought?
I had custom flip flops made for my Mom for her birthday coming up. She wanted red flip flops, but with bling. I couldn't find any, so I found a place that custom made them! She was soooo happy about it!
Democrat or Republican?
Normally a Republican, but as of the last few elections... Neither
Is there anything you're afraid of?
Failure and not being my best in life
Read more at the Real Housewives Daily Dose here
, stay tuned for part 2!
Bikini season is winding down so a lot of us are trying to fit in some last minute beach time to work on our tans. If you’re like me, and don’t have the time to relax at the beach, a tanning salon sounds like the obvious answer. However, try to avoid tanning beds and booths. The lamps used at tanning salons emit UVA and UVB radiation that can be harmful to your skin and your health. Your safest bets are self-tanners and spray tans.
If you decide to spray at home, here are a few tips and tricks:
- To prevent streaking, exfoliate and moisturize your skin before spraying. Allow your moisturizer to dry. If your skin is too slick, the tanning solution may not absorb properly.
- When spraying your face, don’t forget to blend the formula into your hairline. Pull your hair back so you can see where your hairline starts.
- Over-layering can cause and orange glow, so to avoid this, start off spraying gradually and build color with additional layers.
- Spraying your back can be the most difficult part, but it can be done! Keep practicing and soon you’ll have a beautiful California tan.
- There are many different spray tans, but for a long lasting tan and even tan, I use GC Airbrush Tan in A Can. It lasts up to 5-7 days.
The best part is that you can use the spray tan all year round! As summer comes to an end, remember to keep hydrated and wear sunscreen!
xoxoxo Gretchen Christine